Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: O Christmas Tree O Christmas Tree...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    O Christmas Tree O Christmas Tree...

    Yay for Christmas trees!
    We got ours today.
    I hadn't had a live tree in probably 15 years or more, decided it was time to get one.
    I came home for lunch and Indian_Dad and I ran up the road to Wheatleys where they have a fresh shipment in and got "The Perfect Christmas Tree" [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    We had originally planned to wait until this weekend, but decided the sooner the better since these are cut trees. For the sake of the life of the tree, I'd rather get one now and put it in water than wait a week or two and buy the same tree that's been sitting out without water.

    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/getsmile.tmp007816300.gif[/img]
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: O Christmas Tree O Christmas Tree...

    Let me guess, you had a flat on the way home, Indian Dad got out to change the tire...you were holding the lugnuts in the hubcap when he accidentally knocks them out of your hand...and you turn and say "Oh fu** "
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: O Christmas Tree O Christmas Tree...

    LOL!

    Ohhhhh Fuuuuuuuudggggeeeee
    Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word!

    It was all over - I was dead. What would it be? The guillotine? Hanging? The chair? The rack? The Chinese water torture? Hmmph. Mere child's play compared to what surely awaited me.

    -----------------
    So I got home from work, decided to do the not-fun-part of putting up the tree. I get the thing put up and find that our lovely 6-7' Fir is actually 8.5 feet tall lol.

    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: O Christmas Tree O Christmas Tree...

    Frick.....you really do love that movie!
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: O Christmas Tree O Christmas Tree...

    You two need to go cut your own. Its fun going and picking out just the right tree. It can be a little pricey, but it is pretty neat going through a forest of firs finding the one.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: O Christmas Tree O Christmas Tree...

    I usually do cut my own, but she was afraid I'd get caught this year.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  7. #7
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: O Christmas Tree O Christmas Tree...

    [image]Christmas Story Fudge Tee[/image]

    Man I don't know if there is anyone that loves that movie as much as I do.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: O Christmas Tree O Christmas Tree...

    Where do you cut firs locally?

  9. #9
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: O Christmas Tree O Christmas Tree...

    We go over to Elk Park, NC just across the TN state line. Takes about an hour and a half to get there or less. Here is a link:

    Elk River Evergreens
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  10. #10
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: O Christmas Tree O Christmas Tree...

    Appreciate it. Frasers are the cadillac of all Christmas trees. I'm convinced that a Fraser farm here in Wise/Dickenson, especially a cut-your-own type, would do well. Our elevation/climate would support them, I'm sure.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •